Monday, April 1, 2013

San Francisco Treat

Oh my gosh, J and I went to San Francisco back in October to celebrate with my cousin at her wedding. Just the two of us.

My cousin was my very first best friend, and my brother and I spent a LOT of time with her family growing up. In fact, we used to joke that, because of our coloring, I was really my aunt's daughter and my cousin was really my mom's daughter. The wedding and surrounding celebration was a fulfilling time with cousins and aunts and uncles. There's just nothing like family to remind you of yourself.

Here are a bunch of (very tardy) photos of this luxurious, relaxing, exploring trip.



Rooftop deck


 
Walking around the Mission District, where we stayed

Crab sandwiches on the Pier

Bread = alligators, turtles, and lobsters. Also, the baker has a speaker from outside, so when you whisper "She's kind of socially awkward," your husband whispers back "She can hear you.".



 

 


Roped into an impromptu comedy video

Painted ladies


Wedding venue

Family wedding photos, including these photos of my grandparents

My ever-creative cousins' wedding decor art

 


 

 

 






 
Walking to Lombard Street

The Crookedest Street in the World

The Crookedest Street in the World behind us.
A must-visit, because without this street, I may not exist.....My dad sent my mom a postcard of this street, begging her to move to San Diego to be with him. And so it came to be, and so I came to be.

Classic San Francisco

J and I rented bikes





And biked across the Golden Gate Bridge! Best thing ever.

The bridge on the bridge


Justin took these two on the ferry back from Sausalito...while I was sick with coconut water poisoning at a table inside

 

Our Victorian Inn reminded us of Downton Abbey..."And I do love this place." - J

 
Mission Dolores

No comments:

Post a Comment