Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ridiculously Overdue Recap: Everything In Between


And now, for the final Ridiculously Overdue Recap, I present to you...a bunch of stuff. Stuff of life. Stuff that happened in between the major holidays that I didn't want to end up totally eclipsed on the blog.

In November we cheered Papa on as he rode in the Tour de Tucson. He rode past Matt and Serene's street, so we met on the corner there and waved and cheered together.
slideset1
slideset1
And then there was Tada's 5th birthday, which we celebrated with a Frogs & Tutus Birthday party. She made the theme up. Because she loves frogs. And tutus. And then a couple of days before the partyTada proclaimed that the boys should wear tuxedos, so Auntie Seen made felt bow ties for the men to clip onto their shirts. I loved seeing all the men of the family "dressed up" in their bow ties. And because BB wants to do everything his cousins do, BB ended up in a tutu by the end of the party. The picture of him sobbing I have titled "Toddler Hours Past Naptime Mourning Cake-Pop-Falling-Off-Stick Tragedy". It makes me laugh every time, because he was almost inconsolable.
slideset2
slideset2
slideset2

slideset2
slideset2
slideset2
slideset2
slideset2
slideset2
slideset2
slideset2
And sometimes J and I are not only parents, but adults with our own friends and lives and parties. When I'm trying to simultaneously breastfeed SS and take BB potty or refill his sippy cup and then SS spits up all over me 5 minutes after I finally changed out of my pajamas while BB throws a fit, it can be hard to believe. But I have evidence. Back in December, we had a Friendsgivingmas party, to celebrate our friends and the general holiday spirit...and the babies went to Nacky and Papa's house. I cooked a turkey and made my grandma's cranberry salad and supplied wine, and friends brought a bunch of food too, and we ate, drank, and were merry. I wore high heels and everything. I had been envisioning this party for months, and it happened just like it went in my mind (which is rarely the case and was cause for even more celebration). Even the "no stress" rule I imposed was fairly fulfilled. Friendsgivingmas was by far one of the best times of the whole holiday season.
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
slideset3
For us, New Years is a holiday traditionally spent with Team P. Usually we celebrate New Years Eve at their annual Cootie Party - this year, we were unable to attend Cootie, but we still rang in the New Year by heading up to Phoenix for New Years Day. Here we are ending the first day of 2012 with (heavily supervised) fireworks.
slideset4
slideset4
slideset4
slideset4
slideset4
J's cousin just had her third baby, and in January we celebrated with a baby shower, where we enjoyed time with a lot of J's family. SS even got some great-grandparent cuddles, and some playtime with J's cousin's daughter, who was born just a week after him.
slideset5
slideset5
slideset5
slideset5
slideset5
slideset5
slideset3
slideset3
slideset5
slideset5
slideset5
slideset5 
And thus endeth the Ridiculously Overdue Recaps. I'm putting "the cap" on them! (Waah waaahh). Okay, how about "You are officially Capped."
It's true. You are.

1 comment:

  1. You are a nut! Thanks for the recaps. I am very impressed with your husband's photo album skills. When I first saw your post I thought, oh, good, someone must have informed her how to make albums using blogspot (since I had just emailed you telling you I didn't know how)...then I preceded to read about how it came about. Go J! Can we join in on the next friendsgivingmas? It looked like way too much fun with such special people! Miss you! - Han

    ReplyDelete