Monday, October 17, 2011

Sleep-playing?

So today BB was mid-nap and he started crying, which happens sometimes if he has a bad dream. I went into his room and found him sitting in a fabric bin that he likes to play in, sleepy and crying. His hamper was out and the dirty clothes were emptied onto the floor, which is something else he likes to do when he's playing. When I walked in, he stood up in the fabric bin and reached for me; I didn't know why he was crying and since it looked like he'd been playing, I asked him if he hurt himself. He said "Yeah" but looked so sleepy, I laid him back down and he went right back to sleep, just like he does when he wakes up crying during a nap.

I mean, I've heard of sleep-walking, but sleep-playing? Too funny!

After posting this on facebook, my brother-in-law reminded me that my niece Aubrey has done similar things, and then BB's auntie (J's sister) told me that both her and my niece Belle have also sleep-played - who knew? With all of this sleep activity on both sides of the family tree, I guess it was only a matter of time before BB joined in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment