Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wedding Fabulousness

A fun way I get to serve at our beloved little church is as the wedding coordinator. I have been the wedding coordinator for about three years, but have only done a few weddings, as for the first year there were no weddings, and now between home commitments and working half the Saturdays each month I am unavailable about as much as I am available. (When I signed up to do this it was pre-BB and I was going to share the position with a friend who is no longer able.) But our pastor is a true servant and always finds someone to sub for me.

It can be a lot of pressure knowing that I have a significant role in ensuring that the couple's big day runs smoothly (especially the very first wedding I did!), but I am enough of a Type A control freak to enjoy it, and I love getting to know the brides and seeing all of the creative ways people make their wedding their own. Yesterday I coordinated a vintage-inspired wedding, and I just have to show you a photo of the bride and her girls.

The bride's "something blue" were the fabulous blue suede platform heels, and the bridesmaids wore vintage-inspired dresses and red shoes. The Maid of Honor, the bride's sister, did the girls' hair in low side chignons with old-fashioned pin curls, and the bride topped hers with a birdcage veil.
So fabulous.

In addition to the fashion, I was head-over-heels for the live music performed by the bride's brother and sister. Both the poignant lyrics and the Swell-Season-like-harmonies were moving and pointed my heart to worship our Lord.

No Sacrifice

To you I give my life,

not just the parts I want to

To you I sacrifice

these dreams that I hold on to


Your thoughts are higher than mine

Your words are deeper than mine

Your love is stronger than mine

This is no sacrifice

Here's my life


To you I give the gifts

Your love has given me

How can I hoard the treasures

that you've designed for free?


Because Your thoughts are higher than mine

Your words are deeper than mine

Your love is stronger than mine

This is no sacrifice

Here's my life


To you I give my future

As long as it may last

To you I give my present

To you I give my past


Because Your thoughts are higher than mine

Your words are deeper than mine

Your love is stronger than mine

Your thoughts are higher than mine

Your words are deeper than mine

Your love is stronger than mine

This is no sacrifice

Here's my life

Praise God that it is no sacrifice to entrust our lives to Him, who loves us more than we can love ourselves and leads us to a full, abundant life in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment