Monday, June 14, 2010

Barockin' One Year

Last week this arrived in our mailbox:

Here's a closer look at that return address:
That's right, a letter from the WHITE HOUSE was mixed in with catalogs and a bill. We're gettin' uppity over here.

Many thanks to my resourceful and diligent sister who told me that you could have a welcome letter written to your new baby from the White House and signed by the President himself - and more thanks because after I had lolligagged long enough, she even went ahead and contacted the White House with the request for us to ensure that BB could have his own greeting from Washington DC's most prominent citizen.
Now I can pepper BB's baby book with a little piece of political history, commemorating who the President was when he was born. Plus, I felt very fancy getting a piece of mail from the White House - the postman was probably very impressed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it & glad it came! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my sister:
    I sent a letter requesting a White House greeting for a new baby to the WH... you have to include the baby's full name and birthdate (they only do it up to one year old) and the address to send the letter to. Also include your name & phone number (of the requestor).

    Send the request letter to:
    The White House
    Attn: Greetings Office
    Washington, D.C. 20502-0039

    ReplyDelete