Thursday, January 14, 2010

Daddywise

I wanted to share with you some um, *cough* creative solutions my baby daddy has come up with when watching our little Barking Baby:
Yes, that is my child sitting in a cardboard box on the living room floor. I mean, who needs a pack-and-play?

And I walked into BB's room to find this:

Daddy said that the blanket keeps BB from seeing when he sneaks out of the room when BB's falling asleep.

Two days ago I jumped out of my skin when I heard this staccato, gutteral noise from the living room - J has decided to train BB not to touch electrical cords by uttering this negative sound anytime BB goes near them. (Apparently, the barking is a family trait - who knew?) He claims it's a classic conditioning tool - I can already imagine the hours BB will spend in therapy trying to uncover the origins of his fear of lamp cords.

So what do you think? Should I never go to work again? Are you dialing CPS? (Rosa? :) ) Well, before you do, you should know that while J's approach may be a little unconventional at times, his creativity is only one of many traits I hope BB learns from his dad. In all seriousness, there is no better person to teach BB how to be a man, a husband, and a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment