Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

So very thankful for the God that chased me down, and the Savior who rescued me, and for the daily grace and abundant life that has followed. And for two clever, beautiful little boys to nurture and train, for one creative, smart, servant-hearted, and funny-as-heck man to be devoted to and share this life with, and for a family, both near and far, both blood-born and cobbled together by marriage or deep friendship, that I carry around in my heart with me always. You know who you are. Thank you for blessing me with you.



We were blessed to celebrate Thanksgiving at my Uncle's home here in Tucson, with my mom and brother. My uncle moved to Tucson fairly recently, and having family that shares my life history and memories and right here in Tucson with me just fills my heart to overflowing. And it had been TWO years since I had seen my brother - he works as a deckhand on a boat and is on board for a month at a time. So I was incredibly excited for Thanksgiving, and it did not disappoint. We lounged, we ate, we gave thanks, and we footballed.


Our hosts, my uncle and aunt

The turkey master

 

BB was happy because he got to watch endless amounts of TV

Kyle doing his part

Handsome uncle and brother

We did our "formal" group shots pretty early in the day, and that is definitely the way to go - fresh attitudes, fresh makeup, no food on the clothes yet.


GG

Family shot! Even the dog Destiny got in on the action.

I got elected to carve the turkey, so I had to get a shot with the turkey master.



The men of Thanksgiving

Happy little feaster

No comments:

Post a Comment