Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Conditioning

Over the past couple of years I have become very committed to my exercise routine - I enjoy the activity itself, as well as the physical and mental benefits of the activity. In addition to the physical benefits of exercise (overall health, weight control, back pain management), I have found that exercising provides me with personal goals and challenges, a little "me" time, and also drastically reduces the amount anxiety I am prone to experience due to my nature. This Type-A control freak is such a calmer, happier person when I am consistently working out. Also, if I don't stay conditioned by running during the week, I know that come Friday night I will get my booty handed to me on the soccer field. And a Puma's gotta be able to pounce! 

So at this point, the boys are conditioned to my conditioning - trips to the gym and waking up to Mama sneaking back in the front door bright and early in sweaty workout clothes are part of their normal weekly routine. As is watching Mama stretch and do push ups and sit ups on the living room floor after a run. And lately the boys have started joining me! Both boys like to try to do push-ups, and BB is actually developing a pretty legit form!

Conditioning in action

No comments:

Post a Comment